Austral is a start-up company with 30 years of experience in fields as varied as home automation, automotive, medical, marine and underwater electronics.
Austral has the necessary capacities to carry out your custom project, from prototype to mass production, in fields as varied as :
- Digital electronics (64 bits ARM based motherboard from NXP, Broadcom… , DSP, FPGA…)
- Sensors & IOT : Wireless, Ethernet, carrier current, CAN bus
- Underwater acoustics
- Ultra low power
- Power electronics (motor control, amplifiers…)
Our preferred embedded computing technologies are :
- Hardware: ARM processor, STM32 microcontroller, real-time Linux, Windows
- Software :
- Embedded / PC: C, C++, Qt, Python.
- Back-end : Node-JS, Node-Red, Time series databases (Influx-DB, Redis, Warp10…)
- Marine interfaces : NMEA2000, NMEA0183, Signal K, J1939, Websocket, HTML5…
- Industrial interfaces : MQTT, Modbus, OPC UA…
- Robotics : ROS2, OMPL
- Signal processing and AI : SciPy, TensorFlow, PyToch
- Cloud : AWS, Azure Data Lake, Elastic search, Google cloud…
In partnership with its customers and suppliers, our service is to provide a turnkey solution :
- Development of the specifications.
- Feasibility study, research of innovative solutions. (In close collaboration with university scientific laboratories in the west of France, many feasibility studies can be explored in parallel).
- Patents: Priority, Analysis, Filing
- Technical and financial analysis.
- Definition of the normative environment of the product.
- Simulations/modeling of complex part.
- Electronic and software design.
- Study of printed circuits taking into account industrial and economic optimizations, nomenclatures and normative constraints.
- Mechatronic design in collaboration with design, 3D printing and mechanical machining subcontractors.
- Production of complete prototypes.
- Customer acceptance.
- Taking charge of qualification tests and approvals in authorized laboratories. (EMC, Radio, LCIE, NF, TUV homologation)
- Bill of materials and manufacturing: research and qualification of multiple sources, optimization of material and assembly costs.
- Reliability analysis (MTBF calculation, impact of warranty period, improvement proposal, endurance and accelerated aging tests).
- Elaboration of industrial manufacturing files and quality plan.
- Definition of test means and processes for manufacturing, assembly, final inspection, packaging and delivery.
- Realization of test benches
Austral, in partnership with quality subcontractors in the west of France, guarantees you an irreproachable product and a reactive follow-up in all phases of its commercial life.
- Integrated purchasing department
- Manufacturing of boards and cables
- In situ testing
- Integration of mechatronic assemblies
- Functional test
- Direct delivery
- After sales service management
- Obsolescence and quality monitoring